Introducing Happy Honey, an adaptogen filled raw honey formulated to promote a sense of calm, reduce anxiety, and combat stress. It’s a new sweetener, with benefits.
“Ancient herbal adaptogens like Tulsi have been part of my personal well-being and stress management ritual for years. By combining them in raw sage honey and formulating them with a delicious blend of mood-boosting, gut healthy and anti-inflammatory spices, Happy Honey delivers on our mission to make modern, everyday cooking products with both incredible flavor and functional health benefits,” says Nicole Rice, Countertop Co-Founder, product formulator and Ayurvedic educator.
Raw Honey comes with its own set of benefits: it’s anti-bacterial and gut healthy. Happy Honey is a creamed, raw, California sage honey (from bees that pollinated sage flowers). Sage has long been used to treat symptoms of depression and memory loss.
HERBS + THE HEALING POWER OF SPICES
- CLOVES: Antioxidant and antibacterial benefits; studies show can treat headaches and inflammation
- COCOA/CACAO: Improves mood + high in antioxidants (and is rich + delicious!)
- SAFFRON: Mood-booster; may relieve symptoms of depression
- TURMERIC: Powerful anti-inflammatory that promotes gut health and mental balance
- CINNAMON, CARDAMOM, VANILLA + NUTMEG: All used in Ayurvedic medicine for calming the gut and promoting digestion.
- TULSI: Adaptogen and Ayurvedic hero, renowned for helping the mind and body recover from stress.
- FO-TI ROOT (He Shou Wu): Chinese herb used to protect and nourish the brain. Studies show the root promotes anti-aging and rejuvenation.
- RHODIOLA: Widely used to combat anxiety and stress-related fatigue.
CHRONIC STRESS AND MENTAL WELL-BEING: THE GUT-BRAIN CONNECTION AND AYURVEDA
With 1 in 5 Americans reporting some level of chronic stress, anxiety or depression, it has now been widely researched that diet and self-care can play a major role for many people looking to manage their symptoms. Ayurveda, the Science of Life, has its foundation in digestive health; this ancient study has recognized the connection between the gut and mind for over 5000 years. Using select combinations of herbs and spices to boost digestive health, Ayurveda helps balance mental well-being and function, putting your body in equilibrium, also known as homeostasis.
“We’re proud to play our part in the rapidly growing community of companies providing consumers with products that target the gut-brain connection like CBD, herbal powders and even meditation apps.” says Jamie Kantrowitz, co-founder of Countertop. “Our unique approach at Countertop is to deliver these benefits to you in simple cooking products that keep it easy and that you will love to eat every day.”
There’s no easy fix for debilitating mental health diagnoses. Long-term strategies for supporting the body and mind include exercise, diet, counseling and if needed, medication. If you have any concerns about using Happy Honey with any medication you may currently be taking, please consult with your MD and/or care providers.
These statements are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. Statements not evaluated by FDA.