This is a great, basic Kitcheri recipe, starting your base with carrots and celery a bit like you would start any soup. You can keep it simple, or add in more vegetables. We like to make this with stock, but it is not necessary.
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
REST TIME 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Golden Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits
- ½ cup Countertop Kitcheri Mix
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Small knob freshly grated ginger
- 3 cups water or stock
- Thoroughly wash ½ cup of Countertop Kitcheri Bowl Mix. We like to do this in a bowl, not through a strainer. Wash 3-4 times until the water runs clear, stirring the grains in the bowl when you add fresh water. Let the grains sit in the last bowl of water whilst you prep everything else.
- In a heavy-based pot or deep saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter and mix in 1 tablespoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits.
- Add in ½ cup chopped cilantro, ½ cup of chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped celery and small knob of freshly grated ginger, covering all in melted Golden Butter and spices.
- Sauté veggie mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add washed Kitcheri Bowl Mix into the veggie mixture, continuing to evenly coat all the ingredients in the Golden Butter.
- Saute for another 2 minutes, then add in 3 cups of water or stock.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down and cook on low for 30-40 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, then stir in another tablespoon of Golden Butter and a handful of cilantro.
- Cover with lid and let sit for 20 minutes.