Full of easy-to-absorb minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, and glucosamine, bone broth is a new mother’s staple. Anti-inflammatory and high in hydrophilic colloid, it supports digestion and boosts immunity. Drink by the mug-full, or use it instead of water for kitcheri, oatmeal, or lamb one-pot. It will up the nutritional goodness of whatever is on your stove.
Butters, New Moms
PREP TIME20 minutes
COOK TIME 12 hours
REST TIME 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter
- 2 lbs of good bones (Try chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef marrow. Ask the butcher to point you in the right direction)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 capful of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Handful of celery, carrots, onions
- Rub bones in Golden Butter.
- Roast in a 400F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- In a soup pot, add bones, bay leaves, apple cider vinegar, and veggies; cover with water and season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 12 hours. Strain and discard solids. Enjoy warm.
- We also love to make bone broth in a CrockPot. Add all ingredients, cover with water, season, and cook for 24 hours for maximum benefits.