This the way Ayurveda has been making Kitcheri (or Khichidi, Kichari + so many other spellings!) for almost 5000 years. White basmati rice, split mung beans, ghee and a blend of spices. This classic recipe is amazing for sick days, babies, and simplicity. It also makes a great dinner side. This is the recipe for those looking for a pure digestive cleanse.
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Kitcheri Blend with Benefits
- 2 tablespoon Golden Butter
- ½ cup Kitcheri Bowl mix
- 2 cups (or stock)
- Wash Kitcheri Bowl Mix until water runs clear.
- Heat saucepan on medium and add Golden Butter.
- When it’s hot, put in Kitcheri Blends with Benefits.
- Mix in the Kitcheri Bowl Mix, and water/stock. Cook at a low boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cover and cook on low heat until Kitcheri is soft, about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, keep lid on and let rest for 15 minutes. Stir in an extra teaspoon of Golden Butter just before serving. Yum.