Asparagus, English Pea and Chicken Bone Broth. This Kitcheri is our favorite — so great to make in the spring as asparagus and english peas are in season. Though we crave it all year long.
Countertop’s Favorite Kitcheri
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
REST TIME 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Golden Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits
- ½ cup Countertop Kitcheri Bowl Mix
- Small knob freshly grated ginger
- 1 x 12 stalk bunch of asparagus
- 1 x small bag (250g) of frozen peas
- 3 cups chicken bone broth, water or stock
- Thoroughly wash ½ cup of Countertop Kitcheri Bowl Mix. We like to do this in a bowl, not through a strainer. Wash 3-4 times until the water runs clear, stirring the grains in the bowl when you add fresh water. Let the grains sit in the last bowl of water whilst you prep everything else.
- In a heavy-based pot or deep saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter and mix in 1 tablespoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits.
- Add in asparagus, peas and small knob of freshly grated ginger, covering all in melted Golden Butter and spices.
- Sauté veggie mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add washed Kitcheri Bowl Mix into the veggie mixture, continuing to evenly coat all the ingredients in the Golden Butter.
- Saute for another 2 minutes, then add in 3 cups of chicken bone broth, water or stock.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook on low for 30-40 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, then stir in another tablespoon of Golden Butter and a handful of cilantro.
- Cover with lid and let sit for 20 minutes.