Butters, Kids, Seasonings
Golden Pumpkin Soup
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Golden Butter
- 1 tablespoon Poultry Blends with Benefits
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- Small knob (1-2”) of ginger
- 3 carrots, washed and diced
- 3 stalks celery, washed and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 4-5 pound Pumpkin and 4 carrots, broken down into 1” cubes
- 8 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon zest and juice, to garnish
- Heat a large heavy-based pot over medium-high heat; add Golden Butter and Poultry Blends with Benefits.
- When the butter has melted, add the onion, carrots, celery, ginger, and ⅓ cup parsley, stirring to coat everything in the seasonings. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are just starting to brown.
- Add the extra vegetables and water. Bring the mixture up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blitz the soup, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a little lemon juice, lemon zest, and the reserved chopped parsley.