Seriously, you can use those veggies that probably should have been thrown out a couple of days ago. You know, those two soft carrots in your veggie crisper and that bunch of kale that’s starting to turn yellow? Just peel the carrots, remove the kale stalk and chop finely. (Add kale after the Kitcheri mix when you add in your water/broth.)
Empty Your Fridge Kitcheri
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
REST TIME 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Golden Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits
- ½ cup Countertop Kitcheri Bowl Mix
- ½ - 2 cups of any vegetable in your refrigerator, if you have root vegetables like carrots, potatoes or beets, or a tough green like kale, add them earlier than soft vegetables like zucchini, spinach or peas.
- 3 cups water or stock
- Thoroughly wash ½ cup of Countertop Kitcheri Bowl Mix. We like to do this in a bowl, not through a strainer. Wash 3-4 times until the water runs clear, stirring the grains in the bowl when you add fresh water. Let the grains sit in the last bowl of water whilst you prep everything else.
- In a heavy based pot or deep saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter and 1 tablespoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits.
- In a heavy-based pot or deep saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter and mix in 1 tablespoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits.
- Add in vegetables, covering in melted Golden Butter and spices.
- Sauté veggie mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add washed Kitcheri Bowl Mix into the veggie mixture, continuing to evenly coat all the ingredients in the Golden Butter.
- Saute for another 2 minutes, then add in 3 cups of water or stock.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook on low for 30-40 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, then stir in another tablespoon of Golden Butter and a handful of cilantro.
- Cover with lid and let sit for 20 minutes.