We’ve turned an American classic dessert into a nutrient-dense, functional superfood snack for anytime of day. Dessert for breakfast!
Honeys, Kids, New Moms, Seasonings
Functional Rice Pudding
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
REST TIME 30 minutes to Overnight
Servings: 5 (½ cup each)
- 3 tablespoons Golden Honey
- 2 teaspoons of Countertop Chai Blends with Benefits spice blend (optional)
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk (or one can of standard 14fl. oz)
- 1 cup white basmati rice (or arborio or short grain rice)
- ¼ cups water to dilute coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cups of water to cook rice
- Cook the rice in 1 ¼ cups of water on a low simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- In another pot, heat the coconut milk and water, add 2 teaspoons of Countertop Chai and bring to a simmer.
- Once the water has been absorbed in the rice (another 3-5 minutes), keep the stove on a low simmer and slowly mix in the warm coconut mixture.
- Simmer and periodically stir new mixture on low for approximately 25 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and coconut milk absorbed to your liking.
- Turn off the heat
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of Golden Honey and watch it turn golden.
- Let rest, with the lid on, for at least 15 minutes and even better overnight for maximum flavor.