Trade up your egg salad flavor with way less ingredients and chopping to transform one of our favorite American classics into a functionally healthy indulgence.
Butters, Kids, Seasonings
Golden Up Your Egg Salad
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME 8 minutes
- 6 eggs (cooked for 8 minutes, ice bath, peel when still warm)
- 1 tablespoon Golden Butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons Poultry Blends with Benefits seasoning
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard (or not!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Bring a saucepan of water up to a boil. Add the eggs and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- When just cool enough to handle (about 1 minute), peel the eggs and place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to start breaking up the still-warm eggs, then mix in the Golden Butter, Poultry Blends with Benefits, and mustard.
- Stir in the chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.