Nicole’s latest obsession will be yours too- homemade, functional granola. First came the invention of the Cocoa Butter and now she can’t stop making this delicious, nutritious and versatile breakfast and snack. One of the nutritional challenges with typical granola is that it’s filled with sugar and syrups that spike your blood sugar and cause inflammation. But Countertop’s Granola will not only taste rich and indulgent like a treat, it’s great for your digestion and anti-inflammatory. Make it on a Sunday and you have it for the week.
Butters, Kids, New Moms, Seasonings
Cocoa Butter Granola with Benefits
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME 1 hour
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Countertop Cocoa Butter
- 1 teaspoon Countertop Blends with Benefits Chai
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, ground
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup molasses
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mash banana and molasses together.
- Melt Cocoa Butter and add to bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon Countertop Blends with Benefits Chai
- Quickly add all other ingredients and mix so all is covered.
- Spread mix out onto a sheet pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring 2-3 times.
- You can swap out any of these ingredients for your favorite seeds, nuts and dried fruit.