This Cocoa Butter Chai afternoon tea cake has the right amount of spice and is so delicious for afternoon tea with your friends and family. To add some extra goodness the option of a Happy Honey simple syrup glaze amps up the flavor and the benefits.
Butters, Honeys, New Moms
Happy Honey Chai Cocoa Butter Cake
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 50-55 minutes
REST TIME 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup room temperature Cocoa Butter
- 3 tablespoons Chai Blends with Benefits
- 1 tablespoon Happy Honey (for glazing)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the Cocoa Butter, brown sugar, and half the Chai Blends with Benefits until smooth, approx 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in half the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and remaining Chai Blends with Benefits.
- Add yogurt and vanilla, stir and combine until fully mixed.
- Thoroughly grease a 9” cake or bundt pan and pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before resting on a cooling rack.
- Make a simple syrup by stirring 1 tablespoon Happy Honey and 1 tablespoon of hot water in a bowl. Brush over or make holes with toothpicks all over the cooling cake before for even more sweetness.
- Cool 1 hour or longer before slicing.