Sometimes you crave crunchy and snacky. These falafel like kitcheri pops are easy, you just need to have everything set up and work fast. If you’re fast enough to make them, you’ll never go back to traditional falafel again. So good in pita bread or on a salad with some tahini and tabouleh.
Kitcheri Power Balls (Falafel Style)
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
- Cold Kitcheri (see Classic Kitcheri recipe)
- 1 cup organic corn meal
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon Golden Butter
- Prepare a plate or clean surface to place your patties.
- Place the corn meal in a wide bowl.
- Using your hands make two inch balls of Kitcheri and roll them in the cornmeal crusting them on all sides.
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick pan/griddle and add 3 tablespoons of Golden Butter and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. When the oil is hot, but not smoking place the balls and allow them to brown on all sides, keep turning.
- When the balls are golden brown all over take off the griddle and serve hot, topping them with Tahini, Raita or mint chutney!