Along with oats, lamb is one of the most beneficial – and often overlooked – foods for breastfeeding moms. High in iron, protein, and omegas, it’s excellent for baby’s brain development. For this recipe, we like to use a classic rack of lamb, and we always look for lamb from New Zealand.
Butters, Kids, New Moms, Seasonings
PREP TIME30 minutes
COOK TIME 1.5 hours
REST TIME 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits
- 1 rack of lamb
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 chopped leek
- 1 cup of peeled and cubed sweet potato
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of olives
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of bone broth or stock
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rub Kitcheri blend into lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch Over or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, brown the lamb for about 3-4 minutes each side. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add Golden Butter, then celery, carrots, and leek, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining veggies, lamb, stock, and mint.
- Cover, and cook for about 45 minutes; turn lamb; cook for 30 more minutes till lamb falls off the bone.
- Enjoy over white basmati rice or mashed parsnips.