Butters, Kitcheri, New Moms, Seasonings
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
REST TIME 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Golden Butter
- 1 teaspoon Kitcheri Blends with Benefits
- ½ cup Kitcheri Bowl Mix
- ½ cup diced carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
- ½ cup diced celery (about 1 rib of celery)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (stems and leaves)
- Small knob freshly grated ginger
- 3 cups water, veggie stock, or bone broth
- Add in vegetables
- To garnish: Salt, to taste. Yogurt, avocado, lemon zest and juice, and fresh herbs, such as cilantro, mint, and dill
- Thoroughly wash ½ cup of Countertop Kitcheri Bowl Mix, rice and Beans. We like to do this in a bowl, not through a sieve. Wash 3-4 times until the water runs clear, stirring the grains in the bowl when you add fresh water. Let the grains sit in the last bowl of water whilst you prep everything else.
- In a heavy-based pot or deep saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of Golden Butter and 1 tablespoon of Kitcheri Blends with Benefits.
- Add the carrots, celery, cilantro, and ginger, covering all in melted Golden Butter and spices.
- Sauté veggie mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Discard the rinsing liquid and add the washed Kitcheri Bowl Mix to the veggie mixture, continuing to evenly coat all the ingredients in the Golden Butter.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes, then add in the 3 cups of liquid.
- Let ingredients get to soft simmer, then turn down and cook on low for 30-40 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, then stir in another tablespoon of Golden Butter and the zucchini, green beans, and spinach leaves.
- Cover with the lid and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and garnish with sliced avocado, a dollop of yogurt, some lemon zest and juice, and fresh herbs.