Who doesn’t love chocolate? It smells amazing, tastes delicious, and makes us feel good. The challenge is getting our chocolate fix in without adding in heaps of sugar and saturated fats. Cocoa is a special spice, because it can help our bodies while we satisfy sugar cravings, so we can indulge guilt-free!
Why We Love Cocoa:
- It is very high in polyphenol antioxidants (flavonoids), which helps combat cell damage and balance blood sugar. Those antioxidants are anti-inflammatory, and may play a key role in helping with insulin resistance, metabolism & weight loss.
- It protects the skin from oxidative damage from UV radiation when applied topically
- It can help you recognize hunger cues, specifically fullness and satiety
- It can help boost cognitive function and mood
- It can help reduce certain types of allergic responses (which is key in allergy season)
- It can boost immunity
- It can help prevent bad bacterial growth in the intestines⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Cocoa is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium and copper
- Its beneficial compounds include protein, b-vitamins, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc
- Cocoa has more antioxidant power than wine or tea!
We have a couple of products that have cocoa in them: Our famous Cocoa Butter and our Blends with Benefits: Golden Breakfast spice. Both are amazing in coffees, milks/lattes, in oats, on toast and so much more.
We all have the power to turn our everyday food into superfood: just add spice.
Spices have been a hot commodity for thousands of years. Literally. At times, salt has ranked more valuable than gold. Cultures all over the world have turned to dried seeds and roots, cracked, ground, or cooked whole, to preserve their foods, strengthen their reserves, and nourish and heal their bodies.