Cumin is one of the most popular spices on Earth due to its distinctive flavor and various health benefits. It is a cooking staple in many cuisines around the world, especially in its native regions like Africa and Asia, and has long been revered for its medicinal properties. It is used in South Asia to treat pain and bad digestion, while those in North Africa use the spice to lower blood pressure and prevent infection.
Why We Love Cumin:
- It promotes good digestion and settles the stomach
- It is an excellent source of iron
- Reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels, promoting healthy weight management
- It helps reduce stress
- It balances blood sugar and insulin levels (which is especially helpful for diabetics)
- It can improve memory
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It is antimicrobial and helps fight foodborne infections
- It is a great detoxifier and liver cleanser
Cumin is also full of vitamins and naturally occurring minerals:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Get more cumin into your diet via our Golden Butter, Mother Honey, Mother’s Breakfast, and our Blends with Benefits: Kitcheri, Poultry, and Grill.
We all have the power to turn our everyday food into superfood: just add spice.
Spices have been a hot commodity for thousands of years. At times, salt has ranked more valuable than gold. Cultures all over the world have turned to dried seeds and roots, cracked, ground, or cooked whole, to preserve their foods, strengthen their reserves, and nourish and heal their bodies.