A versatile and comforting flavor that is equally great for sweet and savory cooking, nutmeg packs a wallop when it comes to nutrition and health benefits. It’s almost like nutmeg knows what’s up with you, because it will be stimulating or calming depending on what your body needs. That’s one smart spice!
Why We Love Nutmeg:
- It contains essential volatile oils such as elemicin and myristicin, which relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- It has a calming, anxiety reducing effect, and has been used to help reduce insomnia for centuries. The classic recipe for a good night’s rest calls for a little bit of nutmeg in some warm milk!
- It’s high in calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, and helps regulate blood pressure and circulation.
- It strengthens digestion via digestive enzymes and gas-relieving essential oils.
- It stimulates the nerves in the brain & promotes concentration
- It is antibacterial and beneficial for your oral health.
- It helps fight acne and keep your skin clear (ever tried a Chai facial?)
Get more nutmeg in your diet via all of our honeys, and our Chai and Golden Breakfast Blends with Benefits. Add to oatmeal, hot beverages, roasted sweet potatoes and more!
We all have the power to turn our everyday food into superfood: just add spice.
Spices have been a hot commodity for thousands of years. Literally. At times, salt has ranked more valuable than gold. Cultures all over the world have turned to dried seeds and roots, cracked, ground, or cooked whole, to preserve their foods, strengthen their reserves, and nourish and heal their bodies.